According to First State Bank Central Texas,
First State Bank was originally chartered in 1909 to serve the local and surrounding agrarian community of Chilton, Texas. In 1987, the institution was relocated to the nearby urban community of Temple. Since that time, First State Bank has engaged in a strategy of market expansion opening branches throughout Central Texas.
As the population of the Hill Country and Central Texas has grown, so too has our bank’s reputation for soundness and service. In the decades that have followed, FSBCT has opened banking centers in cities and communities throughout the expanding region from its original base in Bell and Falls counties to include Bastrop, Burnet, Coryell, Hamilton, Hays, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, Mills, Travis and Williamson counties.
Reflecting our deep commitment to this expanding market area, the bank in early 1999 changed its name to First State Bank Central Texas.